E-commerce companies of all stripes need guidance on where to direct their spending, at each stage of the customer journey, before and after the first sale. All it takes is 2 minutes, 21 seconds to get the complete view on marketing effectiveness. This post is part of a series on setting up your ecommerce website for attribution tracking. I will be doing a show-and-tell on installing the tracking pixel using Google Tag Manager, currently one of the most popular tag managers (as of Mar 19, 2016) according to w3techs.com.
5 Reasons why you should get attribution tracking for your ecommerce website:
- Knowing your customer journey;
- Knowing which channels/campaigns are moving customer through different shopping stages towards the purchase;
- Knowing which channels/campaigns are best performers in customer loyalty;
- Knowing the true impact of affiliates and display;
- Opportunity for planning a budget based on insights of all the above (read more about this here);
Video Tutorial for setting up your Google Tag Manager
Watch video how to do it. NOTE – this tutorial is for Google Tag Manager only, however process is similar on different platforms.
How much does attribution add to the bottom line?
Download this calculator to see the bump your revenues see by moving budget to opportunities discovered through Polytab.