To set up the forwarding link for promotional or sales confirmation emails, replace the link to the landing page with a link as below:
- c is your unique identifier assigned by your Polytab account manager.
- pt_medium=email is a static value.
- pt_source – email client, email marketing vendor or just simply “email”. This a static manually defined element and is optional. However, it provides deeper performance insight
- pt_campaign – campaign title, this a dynamic element and is optional as well. Make sure the syntax follows email vendor’s format. For example %%campaign-id%%.
- cid is the URL encoded customer’s email with “@” sign converted to “%40”. This is a dynamic variable, use the tag provided by your email service provider (such as %%email-address%%).
- [timestamp] is a unique number needed to ensure accurate results. It’s a dynamic variable, use the platform provided syntax, such as _=%%dateandtime%%
- to=URL is a URL encoded destination address, where every special character like “/” is replaced with URL encoding. This is important especially if the URL address contains “?” or “&” characters. See the list of URL encoding reference here.
The link below
in the browser will appear as
and will forward to https://www.polytab.com
If you have any other questions, visit our support portal.